Offering the hands-on approach of a smaller firm and as a general agency of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, we have access to the resources of an insurance leader with a long history of financial strength.
The hands-on approach of a independent firm with the holistic reach of a Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company. We have been around since 1985 and employ over 160 financial professionals and 35 staff employees who take a collaborative approach to serving our clients.
Our deeply rooted financial stability broad range of products, coupled with personalized service and collaboration are why people love working with us.
- CFG has over 160 financial professionals who work together to serve our clients throughout Tennessee, Southern Kentucky, Mississippi, and Arkansas.
- The majority of our agents hold the designations of CFP, ChfC, CLU, CLTC and/or LUTCF.
- CFG is one of the Top 10 Firms in the MassMutual System.
- CFG is honored to work with several charitable organizations and maintain strong ties to the special needs community and the Martha O'Bryan Center in Nashville.
- The Tennessean's 2019 'Top Places to Work' winner
- MassMutual Chairman’s Trophy Winner – 4 times
- MassMutual Crystal Achievement Winner – 9 times
- Nashville Business Journal's "Best Places to Work Winner" – 6 times
Capital Financial Group was founded in 1985, but our roots can be traced back to 1895, when Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) established an office in Tennessee.
Although we are a general agency of MassMutual, we also represent many other trusted companies and are able to provide quality solutions for the client utilizing brokerage channels.
We pride ourselves on being a regional financial services provider, with major offices in Brentwood, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis, and Southern Kentucky, as well as many smaller satellite offices throughout Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas.
At Capital Financial Group our Mission is to build and further an environment where financial professionals have the ability to practice at an elite level.
We believe by giving financial professionals excellent culture and resources, they will be able to best serve their clients. In a culture emphasizing liberty and structure, financial professionals have the opportunity to thrive through creativity and execution, and so therefore they are best able to help meet their clients' needs.
We envision an expanding firm of elite financial professionals energized by resources and processes that systematically execute designed plans, allowing financial professionals to fully dedicate their attention to their clients.
Grounded in respect and appreciation, we are loyal and keep our promises.
We integrate our knowledge and cumulative experience to offer wise counsel.
Recognizing all we have been given, we are thankful.
We finish our work, understanding tasks completed help deliver peace.
Working in proactive community, we take ownership.
We are fulfilled by thinking of others more and of ourselves less.
Find a Financial Professional
Let us help you find the right financial professional for you or for your needs by using our proprietary Financial Professional Locator Tool©. Utilizing your location and special interests, it will pair you with custom-fit financial professionals.Get Started
The Process: What To Expect
The first meeting with your Financial Professional is designed to be thorough, realistic, and transparent. We need to discover together the pieces of your unique financial puzzle. Everyone has their own picture to create, and it's helpful to spread this process across several meetings. Like building a real puzzle, first we create the outline and edges, then start to fill in the middle pieces, and finally present solid recommendations designed to reach your desired outcomes.
Explore The Big Picture
- We want to understand your dreams and financial goals.
- We need to understand what obstacles may stand in your way or what challenges you are currently facing that are keeping you from taking action.
- We want to understand what you’ve done in the past that worked or didn’t work and why.
Fact Finding and Data Gathering
- We ask many more detailed questions and begin to get a handle on “the numbers”.
- We gather the vast majority of information we need to work with our planning professionals and develop recommendations and strategies for you.
- Upon completion of this meeting we go to work developing1 both your unique plan and a timeline for implementation2.
2Implementation - The client is free to implement the plan recommendations with whomever he/she chooses.
Review And Recommendations
- Review of what we’ve covered and learned to make sure all data and assumptions are correct.
- We then walk through our list of recommendations for you - both current and future actions you need to take to help reach your goals1.
- We help you take action and set up an annual review3 and/or future meetings to address our progress towards your goals.
- You will take the time to decide which pieces you want to take action on and develop a plan2 and timeline to do so.
- We help you take action and set up an annual review3 and/or future meetings to address our progress.
2Implementation - The client is free to implement plan recommendations with whomever he/she chooses.
3Review - Periodic reviews or updates require a new agreement and may be subject to additional fees.
CFG, along with its agents and employees, has a big heart for our communities. We are about service – whether serving our clients or our community –and have a desire to make a difference and contribution to help others. We feel that giving back to our community can rejuvenate us more than anything else.